- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI): Principal Investigator (PI), Strengthening the Role of ICT/KM applications for Informing Agricultural & Rural Development Strategies and developing a Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System application via the African Center for ICT Innovations and Training, Yola. 2008-Present.
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation: Principal Investigator (PI), Establishment of a Hub for the Center for ICT innovation and Training. 2006-Present.
- University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand – Collaboration Research Grant Award: Co-Principal Investigator, A Study of Information Communications Technologies and Poverty Reduction. 2004-2006.
- American University of Sharjah: Co-Principal Investigator, Building IT Competence for Business Students: Implementation of an e-Lab Competence Incubator & Integrating Open Source S/W in the MIS Curriculum. 2004-2005.
- American University of Sharjah- Research Grant Award: Principal Investigator (PI), Innovation & Process Improvements in Higher Education Administration and Management in the Middle East : An Examination of AUS Banner System ERP Implementation at AUS. 2004-2005.
- Rutgers Research Grant Award (University Wide) – A study of Information Communications Technologies and Economic Development. 2002-2003.
- Rutgers School of Business Summer Research Grant Award – ICT & Development. 2001-2002.
- Howard University Research Grant Award (HUFAST) – HUFAST Project-A study of Spatial Databases with United States Air force. 2002-2003.
- Howard University Provost Academic Excellence Research Grant Award – An Interdisciplinary Curriculum Development grant to co develop an undergraduate Senior level course in Financial Engineering (MIS Department & Finance Department & Mathematics Department). 2002-2003.
- Howard University Summer Research Grant Award – Telecommunication & Economic Growth. 2002-2003.
Stevens Institute of Technology
- Best Ph.D. Dissertation in Information Management(Systems); Wesley J. Howe School of Technology Management
- Teaching Assistant Award
- Graduate Research Assistant Award
- Computer-Based Information Systems Outstanding Faculty Award (1996/1997)
- Computer-Based Information Systems Outstanding Faculty Award (1999/2000)
- Academic Excellence Award – Provosts Office (1998 and 1999)
- School of Business Summer Faculty Research Award (1998)
- School of Business Summer Faculty Research Ward (1999)
AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Cross Platform Customer Solutions Award- Human Factors Group, Global Communications Systems (GBCS) (1993)
Miami Dade Community College
- Academic Honors Scholarship – Center of Excellence Honors Program (1988-89)
- Faculty Research Fellowship – Fannie Mae Corporation, Washington, DC. (Summer 1997)
- Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship – Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ (Summer 1994)
- Teaching Fellowship – State of Connecticut, Board of Trustees of Community – Technical Colleges, Minority Fellowship Program, Ct. (1993-94)